Telephone interview and face-to-face introductory interview
The introductory interview may be conducted over the telephone or in a face-to-face situation with you. If we invite you to take part in a telephone interview, make sure that you set enough time aside for the interview and that you prepare appropriately for it. Take the phone to a quiet place where you will not be disturbed and can listen attentively to what is being asked. Keep something to write with and your application documents to hand so that you can enlarge on your professional background. And also think about what you would like to ask us.
Who will be interviewing you?
We employ a three-phase applicant assessment process and select candidates on the basis of a multiple-eye principle. The three interviews will be conducted by different business managers so that we have sufficient information on your personality and skills to make a decision on the basis of objective criteria. The first person to contact you will be a human resources manager. Location will also determine who will contact you.
What is particularly important to us?
It is important to us that your skills and personality are such that we can see that you will be a suitable member of the ALTEN team. We value a friendly disposition, polite manner and clear responses to our questions. These factors are of particular relevance during a telephone interview because we will not be in face-to-face contact with you in the same room. If you respond to our questions on your professional background fluently and can explain cogently why you are the right person for the post, you will already be well on your way to your dream job.
What sort of questions do we ask during interviews?
- Could you briefly introduce yourself and give us more information on the various aspects listed in your CV?
- In what sort of sector would you like to work?
- What know how and skills have you obtained at university/through your previous professional employment?
- How good is your English?
- How flexible are you; would you be willing to relocate?
- What are your expectations with regard to salary?
- What aspects of your CV would you like to highlight?
- What’s your motivation?
- What are you looking for in your dream job?
- Why have you decided to apply for this particular post?
- Why would you like to work for ALTEN?
- What are your professional goals?